We have launched this years show! Read below for details.
THANK YOU Herb Smith for jurying our show this year we appreciate your time and efforts.
Make sure to thank the committee members for working so hard behind the scenes to make this happen! Thank you to all.
Our 2014 fall show is launching now, and we’re hoping to build on the great success of the spring digital show. As in the past, we’re working with the Wesley Gallery (http://wesleygallery.com/) to display the club’s work in October. And as we said at the meeting last week, even with the show scheduled in October, the timing is very tight.
– The show is scheduled to open with a reception on Friday, October 10, staying up through the following weekend.
– Photos submissions must be received by August 24 (note this is less than four weeks away!)
– We’ll announce the results of judging on September 10
– Prints should be submitted by October 3 (giving you about three weeks to get selected photos printed and framed)
Submissions and Eligibility
– Open theme – photos can be of any subject matter. (note that we’re planning a specific theme for next year)
– You must be a member of PODS to enter. New members can join for pro-rated dues.
– Please make images family-friendly.
– All entered photographs must have been taken within the past 2 years.
– Photos that have been shown in past PODS shows are not eligible.
– Entries must be received by the deadline given above.
– $3 per entry up to 5 entries.
– Each additional entry is $5
– You can bring your entry fee to this month’s meeting Thursday, August 28, or mail to John Hoag, Treasurer / 1013 Windmill Rd. / Dripping Springs, TX 78620.
– By your submission, you authorize PODS to display your image(s) and distribute a video-resolution image in a slideshow video, but of course you retain your full copyright.
– You also agree to provide framed prints for the Show/Sale.
The juror for this show will be Herb Smith, of Herb Smith Fine Art Photography (http://herbsmithphotos.com). Herb received his Masters degree in medical illustration from Johns Hopkins University, then spent 40 years in various facets of health science communications, media production and web development. Since 2000, he has pursued fine art photography, web development and other creative endeavors as a partner in the Moon Mountain Creative Group where he now focuses on his lifelong interests in nature and the environment.
We’re still finalizing the awards, so details on the prizes will be announced soon.
All artists entering are guaranteed to have at least one photograph chosen for exhibition.
Specifications for Entry
– Submit digital files for judging
– JPEG format
– 1000 pixels maximum dimension on any side
– If your entry doesn’t conform, we’ll try to convert for you, but PODS is not responsible for the result
– Submit via email to PODS.Show@gmail.com
– make sure you get a reply saying that it’s been received
if in doubt, call Chris Wuestefeld at 908-291-1190 – Naming standards
– FirstInitial is the first letter of your first name
– Lastname is your last name
– dash (-) separates your name from image name